Hill House Nap Dress Review

hill house nap dress

I’m undecided about that look, and in the grand scheme of things it’s minor, but just something to note. Tuckernuck has a classic but modern New England prep aesthetic, which is fitting given that the brand was inspired by the founders’ summers spent in Nantucket. It sells its own line of clothing, homewares and gifts but also stocks some of the founders’ other favorite brands, like Loeffler Randall and La DoubleJ. Out of all the Hill House dresses, I personally think the original Ellie or Ribbon Ellie are the best investments because they are the most versatile. If you’re trying to pick out the best Hill House dress for an event or wedding – the Matilda dress is my pick. For reference, I’m 5’2″ and it sits right at the top of my ankles.

Add Stripes

We independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you click on links we provide, we may receive compensation. I’m super impressed with the quality of everything I tried. While I’m not keeping everything I ordered, quality certainly isn’t the reason for my returns.

The Ellie Nap Dress in Tartan

I'm 5-foot-3 and the dress hits right around my ankles—it's long enough to be a true maxi dress but not so long that I trip over it or have to wear heels all the time. The bodice is smocked (to add some shape), while the skirts are floaty; it's equal parts chic and comfortable, and it's nearly impossible to keep this item in stock. One thing that concerned me at first was the fabric—the dress is 100 percent cotton, which is perfect for sweltering summer months, but doesn’t have a lining. However, I can attest that I have worn some very heavily patterned underwear with this dress, and no one has been the wiser.

Ways to Wear a Nap Dress IRL

A reprieve from sweatpants, leggings and oversize T-shirts that you still want to sleep in? I did fall asleep in this dress one weekend afternoon, and it felt like pajamas. But I also wore it out multiple times to work and events, garnering compliments along the way. I always have trouble answering if something is “worth it” because it depends on so many things! But if you love to wear easy and comfortable dresses in the summer and $150 is within your budget, then YES. The Rowena dress is basically just a sleeveless version of the Matilda dress… but I don’t like this one nearly as much.

hill house nap dress

Add Quiet Luxury Accessories

hill house nap dress

And it’s no wonder, as the founders’ inspiration comes from their summers spent on Nantucket. Since launching their most famous dress in 2019, Hill House has quickly expanded to other items like tops, skirts, jackets, pajamas, accessories, and even home goods. If you like how feminine and flirty the Nap Dress is, you’ll love their other pieces. The Nap Dress feels like if your favorite pajamas got a romantic, cottagecore makeover.

How I Tested the Dresses

Princess Beatrice Looked Ready for Summer in a Hill House Home Nap Dress - Town & Country

Princess Beatrice Looked Ready for Summer in a Hill House Home Nap Dress.

Posted: Tue, 30 May 2023 07:00:00 GMT [source]

The Nap Dress’ hallmark design is a square-cut neckline with ruffle detailing. I had initial reservations about the neckline plus the smocking, which I feel often does not flatter my body type. The neckline is deep enough to break up the chest area so it doesn’t look too wide, and the pattern I chose has vertical stripes to help with the illusion. Typically, I avoid ruffles on sleeves, but in this instance, they were much appreciated, as they covered the insecure points I have on that area of my arms.

Better Days Greens Review The Best Viral Caffeinated Greens Powder

Scroll back up to read more about fit, quality, fabric, and more since it’s all up there. Women have clearly been craving an investment piece like this that they can wear (and feel pretty in!) while running errands or attending a fun event! Beyond the original, they now have a whole bunch of different lengths, necklines and silhouettes in the collection to suit your style, all with the comfortable smocked bodice. Because they're so trendy right now, Hill House's dresses sell out often, but fortunately the brand restocks and launches new collections every few months.

MSN - MSN

MSN.

Posted: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:14:49 GMT [source]

Add Pops of Neon

I’ve been draping my dresses over the hangers instead to avoid stretching out the straps. The Nap Dress® is our signature garment; soft, comfortable, and pretty enough to wear all day and night. SHOE RETURNS- Shoes that show any visible signs of wear will not be accepted for return (ex. dirt, stains, scuffs, fabric frays, and indentation on the leather).

Is the Hill House Nap Dress worth buying?

The nap dresses come in women's sizes XXS to XXL and a variety of styles, prints, and lengths, from floral maxis to bright white minis. I tested samples of the Hill House Nap Dress and the similar Tuckernuck Mallie dress, which both feature a smocked bodice and ruffled shoulders. Each dress got a test run of several days in New York City summer heat and humidity as I worked from home and the office, and went out to events and social engagements.

In my experience, they're well worth waiting for—and well worth spending $125, given how much wear I've gotten out of mine. Although I already own two nap dresses, I have a few more waiting in my cart as I know I’ll be living in them all summer and beyond. I think one of the reasons this dress gained such a cult following is that the silhouette is flattering on many different body types.

Smocked and tiered, nap dresses are a major trend right now, and I can see why. Hill House Home's nap dress changed everything for those of us who love getting dressed up but are suddenly stuck wearing sweatpants on repeat. While it’s not the cheapest summer dress, the fit is very flattering and it’s the perfect cute option for a hot summer day. I am not ashamed to admit that I’ll be wearing Nap Dresses to just about every occasion this summer. In the summer I try to avoid wearing an underwire bra at all costs. While I don’t have the biggest boobs, I’m definitely not flat-chested.

It also has a slimmer maxi skirt with a pretty flounce hem. This is the OG Hill House nap dress – the one that started #napdressnation! The Ellie Nap Dress is the style I was talking about in the section above.

If that’s not reason enough to buy it, it’s actually on rare sale right now. But it’s not just the viral dress that’s marked down — now through November 28, everything from the brand is 30 percent off with the code EVERYTHING30 as part of its Annual Sale. But given how quickly pieces go during this once-a-year sale, I don’t plan to wait to add things to my cart (and neither should you). I ordered the dress in a large, one size up from my regular medium, even though the brand recommends staying true to size or sizing down due to its oversized fit. It’s looser for sure, but the ruched top fits snug around the bust area, where I was worried the medium might feel too tight. The flowy, A-line cut makes me feel pretty and, because it isn't form-fitting, I don't have to worry about sweat stains running down my back or showing up under my armpits.

The smocked top feels super feminine but in my opinion not too girly or childish. It’s also the perfect “Zoom” dress as you’ll feel like you’re wearing a nightgown on the bottom but with a flattering top. Instead, it has an empire waist and slightly flared skirt that makes it ultra romantic and flattering. Because of that, I think this style would still be both early pregnancy and postpartum friendly.

In other words, petite gals don’t really have to worry about tripping on it – it just might be a little long for your personal style preference. ©2024 Reviewed, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network LLC. Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed's editors. Purchases made through the links below may earn us and our publishing partners a commission.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York, New York Cruise Port, 2024, 2025 and 2026 Cruises from New York City

Homes for Sale in Hattiesburg, MS

How Much Does Website Design Cost? Full Breakdown 2024